HistoryThe town of Newcastle began as an unincorporated community known as Newport Hills. Residents had Bellevue or Renton addresses and sent their children to schools in nearby cities. But when Bellevue started the process of annexing the community in 1991, its members resisted. After much petitioning and legislation, Newport Hills became its own city in 1994 and changed its name to Newcastle, taken from the name of a coal mining community that had been there in years past.
Who Lives Here?
- Urban Power Families - High-income couples with children.
- Six-figure salaried couples with children who live an upscale life in a metro center. Highly educated professionals working in finance, medical, and high-tech fields.
- Movers and Shakers - Mobile suburban couples without kids.
- More than 50% of these younger married couples have moved in the past five years. They earn comfortable incomes and work in management or professional careers. Some have completed college.
- New Suburbanites - Mobile suburban singles.
- A high proportion of these pre-middle-age to middle-age singles have moved to the suburbs in the past 4 years. Some have a college education and work in professional or management careers.
- Multi-lingual Urbanites - Urban dwellers who speak more than one language.
- Some have a high school or college education, and they work in a variety of occupations. Moderate to upper-scale earning potential.
- Suburban Climbers - Younger suburban singles.
- Aspiring singles climbing the corporate ladder and calling the suburbs home. Age ranges from mid-20s to mid-40s. Most rent their homes.
|Median Household Income||$80,320|
|Homes With Kids||35%|
|Commute Time||28 min|
VibeThe Golf Club at Newcastle might be worth joining, with its commanding views of downtown Seattle & Bellevue and fancy restaurants and events. Or, for some free out-of-door activities, check out Newcastle Beach or Coal Creek Park, both of which may *technically* be in Bellevue, but are still way worth a visit.
Activities and AttractionsThe business district in Newcastle is centered along Coal Creek Parkway. Here, you can find old standbys like Starbucks and Quiznos, as well as more unique places. Try Tapatio Mexican Grill for a family-owned authentic Mexican dinner, Yea’s Wok for some of the yummiest Chinese in the area, or try Sweet Decadence Chocolates for a drink and dessert.
Homes in Newcastle
Newcastle Homes for Sale
- 10 most expensive homes for sale in Newcastle Washington
- 10 most expensive condos for sale in Newcastle Washington
- 10 cheapest homes for sale in Newcastle Washington
- 10 cheapest condos for sale in Newcastle Washington
- 10 newest home listings in Newcastle Washington
- 10 newest condo listings in Newcastle Washington
Search Newcastle Homes
Receive Home Listings Daily
Get the latest Newcastle homes for sale delivered to your inbox each day.
Newcastle Home Value Index
Median Home Value
Median Condo Value
Newcastle Real Estate Agents
Meet our local neighborhood experts who can help you buy or sell a home in Newcastle.