HistoryWoodinville spent its first 100 years as a very small farming community, first settled in by Ira and Susan Woodin in 1871. Their home would become an important spot for the early town; it was used as a school, a doctor’s office, a church, and the post office. Once the rail line made its way to Woodinville, several new businesses cropped up. Much of the town’s industry relied on the Sqwak Slough (now known as the Sammamish River). This was used not only for transportation and shipping, but for recreation as well. It wasn’t until the 1960s that the town really started to grow, and in 1973 the US Tobacco Company purchased some land and built the first winery, Chateau Ste. Michelle. Many others soon followed. Since then, population has grown steadily and is most comprised of affluent and successful individuals.
Who Lives Here?
- Stretching Couples - High-income, high- expense suburban couples.
- These married couples without children earn handsome salaries, but have significantly higher mortgages than the national average. Most own their homes, and some have a college education.
- Affluent DINKs - High-income, kid-free couples living in the suburbs.
- Middle-age Dual Income No Kids couple bringing in two attractive incomes. Most are highly educated and are employed in management professions. A high proportion are homeowners.
- Wide Open Foyers - Suburban families living in large houses.
- These well-off married couples with children own their own homes, and the homes are bigger than average. Age ranges from the mid-30s to the upper 50s. Most are highly educated professionals, many with advanced degrees.
- Suburban Elite - Suburban super-rich couples with children.
- Middle-aged married couples with a luxurious lifestyle in the suburbs. More than 15% have a family income of $200,000 or more. The majority have a college or graduate school degree, and most own their homes.
- Country Clubbers - Wealthy married couples with children.
- These affluent families live a very comfortable life in the suburbs. More than 20% have a family income over $125,000. Most have earned a college or graduate school degree, and most own their homes.
|Median Household Income||$68,114|
|Homes With Kids||35%|
|Commute Time||27 min|
Activities and AttractionsLet’s start with the obvious: the wine. Chateau Ste. Michelle may have been the first, but it is still considered the best that Woodinville has to offer. It’s located on the estate of one of the city’s wealthiest pioneers. You can take tours, sample their wine, and attend concerts in the summer. Other favorites in the area include Covington Cellars and Alexandria Nicole Cellars—winner of the 2011 Washington Winery of the Year. Basically, if you see any establishment with the world ‘cellar’ in its name, stop in immediately! Then there’s the beer and spirits. Redhook Brewery is also a hot spot for locals and visitors; take a tour of their facilities for only a buck and receive 5 tastes of their brews. They also hold outdoor movies in the summer and tons of events throughout the year. Pacific Distillery specializes in making world-class hand-made spirits (absinthe & gin) using old-world methods with botanical samplings from around the world. Woodinville Whiskey Co. makes whiskey and vodka, while Soft Tail Spirits produces vodka and grappa. Between the three, your liquor cabinet should be well stocked! Some of Woodinville’s high-end restaurants include The Herbfarm with its daily rotating menu and Barking Frog at the Willows Lodge. And while Teddy’s Bigger Burgers may not be “high end,” it has locations as far away as Tokyo, Japan, so you know it must be good. For a truly unique experience of Woodinville, go for a hot air balloon tour with a company called Over the Rainbow. They’ll float you hundreds of feet above the ground, and you’ll be able to see for hundreds of miles to the horizon. There’s no better way to enjoy the natural beauty of western Washington—not even from the top of the Space Needle!
Homes in Woodinville
Woodinville Homes for Sale
- 10 most expensive homes for sale in Woodinville Washington
- 10 most expensive condos for sale in Woodinville Washington
- 10 cheapest homes for sale in Woodinville Washington
- 10 cheapest condos for sale in Woodinville Washington
- 10 newest home listings in Woodinville Washington
- 10 newest condo listings in Woodinville Washington
Search Woodinville Homes
Receive Home Listings Daily
Get the latest Woodinville homes for sale delivered to your inbox each day.
Woodinville Home Value Index
Median Home Value
Median Condo Value
Woodinville Real Estate Agents
Meet our local neighborhood experts who can help you buy or sell a home in Woodinville.