HistoryLong before the area was settled, the Puget Mill Company snapped up this land and began logging the trees. Then, during the time of the development of the University of Washington, who wanted to create the arboretum, part of the land was traded for that cause in return for utility work for a new residential community. As a result, Broadmoor was made possible. Since then, more land has been gained to make the Broadmoor Golf Club.
Who Lives Here?
- Power Singles - High-income urban singles.
- Highly educated professionals, many with advanced degrees. They draw a handsome salary and have reasonable living expenses while living a hip, upscale life in an urban center.
- Golden Years - Seniors over 65 who live in the city.
- Most own their own home and have a low to moderate income. Most have a high school education or lower, while some have a college education.
- High $$ DINKs - Urban high-income couples with no children.
- Middle-age Dual Income No Kids couples living in the city and making very comfortable combined household incomes. Most own their own homes and are highly educated professionals, many with advanced degrees.
|Median Household Income||$75,034||$45,736|
|Homes With Kids||16%||18%|
|Commute Time||24 min||27 min|
VibeThe atmosphere here is a lot like you would imagine from a gated community; incredible houses (of which, according to Zillow, none are less than 1800 square feet), immaculate landscaping, and quiet, weaving streets. One of the charms of the neighborhood is the variety of house styles; there are no two that are alike, which is different from some other residential communities.
Activities and AttractionsBroadmoor doesn’t have a business district to call its own, but that doesn’t matter because of its close proximity to the amenities in Madison Park, Capitol Hill, and Montlake. A quick glance at the community blog shows that they have plenty of events to get together as a community, from potluck dinners to a 4th of July parade. If you do end up living here, make sure to join the golf club, or at very least try and find someone you know who is having a wedding reception there!
Homes in Broadmoor
Broadmoor Homes for Sale
Search Broadmoor Homes
Receive Home Listings Daily
Get the latest Broadmoor homes for sale delivered to your inbox each day.
Broadmoor Home Value Index
Median Home Value
Median Condo Value
Broadmoor Real Estate Agents
Meet our local neighborhood experts who can help you buy or sell a home in Broadmoor.