Perched on the top of the hill between Lake Washington and Wedgwood, it’s no surprise how View Ridge got its name.
This area used to be covered in trees, so technically there was no view to be had before the land was developed. Once the landowner decided to dabble in real estate, however, that all changed. Trees were slashed, lots were cleared, and suddenly Lake Washington and beyond were visible. The area was annexed into Seattle in 1942, and it wasn’t until 1988 that the last lot was finally sold and built upon.
Who Lives Here?
- Urban Power Families - High-income couples with children.
- Six-figure salaried couples with children who live an upscale life in a metro center. Highly educated professionals working in finance, medical, and high-tech fields.
- Corporate Climbers - High-income, high-expense urban singles.
- Urban singles with an up-and-coming income, but with higher-than-average living costs. Most have college educations and are employed in mid-management professions.
- Golden Years - Seniors over 65 who live in the city.
- Most own their own home and have a low to moderate income. Most have a high school education or lower, while some have a college education.
|Median Household Income||$60,819||$45,736|
|Homes With Kids||27%||18%|
|Commute Time||27 min||27 min|
This primarily residential area is definitely tranquil and well kept; houses have yards and streets have roundabouts. It’s a great place to be if you aren’t a fan of traffic and other city noise, though you don’t have to go far to run your basic errands; Wedgwood is just down the hill. Plus, if you’re the ‘club’ type of person, Sand Point County Club and View Ridge Swim and Tennis Clubs are both located in this neighborhood.
Activities and Attractions
If a drive through the neighborhood is any indication, it seems that the main hobbies here are gardening, jogging, and playing tennis. There are at least two neighborhood parks with play equipment and sport courts, not to mention nearby Magnuson Park, the Burke-Gilman trail, and Matthews Beach for all your leisure needs.
Homes in View Ridge
View Ridge Homes for Sale
Search View Ridge Homes
Receive Home Listings Daily
Get the latest View Ridge homes for sale delivered to your inbox each day.
View Ridge Home Value Index
Median Home Value
Median Condo Value
View Ridge Real Estate Agents
Meet our local neighborhood experts who can help you buy or sell a home in View Ridge.